Working in a New Virtual World: New Bones of Contention
The Global Arbitration Review Interactive event, recently featured a discussion on 'Working in a new virtual world'. The discussion included perspectives from the following speakers:
- Yas Banifatemi, Partner, Global International Arbitration Practice Leader, Shearman & Sterling (now at Gaillard Banifatemi Shelbaya Disputes)
- Christiane Deniger, Vice President, Burford Capital
- Richard Edwards, Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting
- Michael Mcilwarth, Global Litigation Counsel, Baker Hughes; and
- Georg Von Segesser, Co-Founder, Von Segesser Law offices
Insight IP attended to learn the latest on virtual hearings and the realities that are becoming the new normal. The following themes below were discussed and summarised with Key Takeaways.
- Impact on time and cost investment for the preparation phase
- Efficiencies within the hearing process
- Specific challenges for virtual hearings
- Protocols for virtual hearings
- Virtual hearings for smaller disputes
- Nature of advocacy in virtual hearings
Download the article today!